ThinkerAnalytix is an educational nonprofit working in partnership with classroom teachers and Harvard’s Department of Philosophy. We make tools to help students build logic and reasoning skills using a research-backed method called argument mapping. Our online course and classroom activities use argument maps to examine and discuss controversial ethical questions in fields such as politics, biology and computer science. TA also develops practical strategies to implement our materials in classrooms.
Our mission is to teach critical thinking skills so that students achieve academically and discuss social issues with precision and care.
We envision a world in which every student…
- practices critical thinking skills until achieving expertise.
- thinks independently about what is true, just, and fair – and communicates their ideas successfully.
- engages opposing viewpoints with rigor and charity.
- A commitment to the truth: Students are inspired to think courageously and to challenge beliefs and institutions.
- Intellectual humility: Students experience the process of changing their minds.
- Empathy: Students listen rigorously and work to understand those they disagree with.
- Joy and humor: Students experience analysis and debate as exciting and constructive.